Experience the historical city of St. Petersburg! Travelling by train from Helsinki is safe and very comfortable - it takes only 3,5 hours by high-speed train Allegro from the city centre to the city centre. On this quality two or three night tour you will have a plenty of time to explore the city of three revolutions. Departures every day. Please note that a Russian visa is required for this trip. Let us take care of all visa and travel arrangements for you.
City Break in St Petersburg by train
Package price starting from 209 € includes
- Allegro train ticket (2nd class) Helsinki - St. Petersburg at 6.20 - 10.47
- Allegro train ticket (2nd class) St. Petersburg - Helsinki at 20.30 - 22.57
- 2 or 3 nights at Hotel Dostoevsky, Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, Original Sokos Hotel Olympia Garden, Original Sokos Hotel Vasilevsky, Boutique Hotel Golden Triangle or Cronwell Inn Stremennaya (shared double room)
- Buffet breakfasts at hotel
- Transfer railway station - hotel in St. Petersburg - railway station
Services for extra fee
- Russian Tourist Visa for citizens of Schengen area 80 € p.p.
- Visa Support Letter for non-Schengen area citizens 28 € p. p.
- Extra fee for Allegro train ticket (2nd class) 10.00 - 14.27 Helsinki 29 € p. p.
- Extra fee for Allegro train ticket (2nd class) 15.30 - 17.57 St Petersburg - Helsinki 29 € p. p.
- 2-day ticket for Hop-on-hop-off City sightseeing tour 45 € p.p. (adult)
- 2-day ticket for Hop-on-hop-off City sightseeing tour 37 € p.p. (child 7 - 13 years)
- Entrance ticket to Hermitage Museum 25 € p.p. (closed on Mondays)
- Mailing travel documents in Finland 10 €
- Mailing travel documents in Schengen area countries by DHL courier 50 - 90 €
For booking this package tour online you need to have following information of all your fellow travellers:
- full name (as written on passport)
- date of birth
- passport number
Make sure that the passport of each passenger is valid 6 months after the trip.
The price of the package varies depending on the dates and the chosen hotel. The availability and prices can be seen in our webshop. You can board the Allegro train in Helsinki, Tikkurila, Lahti, Kouvola or Vainikkala. Please choose the desired train station when doing the booking.
Please note, that due to Finnish wintertime starting on 28th of October there are changes at departure and arrival times for services from and to Helsinki, but there are no time changes for services from and to St. Petersburg. Times are local, Finnish and Russian time.
Terms and conditions
For this tour General Terms for Package Tours and Lähialuematkat Special Terms for City Break by train to St. Petersburg are applied. See Terms and Conditions.
Travel Insurance and obtaining the visa
Passenger insurance is obligatory when obtaining a Russian Visa. As additional service you may purchase at Lähialuematkat Russian insurance company Lexgarant´s passenger insurance. This insurance is valid for 2 weeks and it will cover costs (max. 30.000 eur) in case of sudden illness, accident and death as well as transporting of the deceased. Note that the insurance is valid only on Russian territory, and you may have to pay the costs at local clinic or hospital on spot and apply for compensation at insurance company only afterwards. We recommend to have an adequate travel insurance - covering passenger and luggage - in addition to Lexgarant insurance. Please see for detailed Terms and Conditions of the Lexgarant insurance. See also Lexgarant homepage.
When travelling to Russia by train, Russian visa is required except from the citizens of countries that have a special agreement on visa exemption with Russian Federation. Russian Tours / Lähialuematkat is able to organize the visa for the citizens of Schengen area for this package tour. You need to send Lähialuematkat the original passport, a passport photo, travel insurance certificate and complited and signed visa application form of each passenger. Delivery time of the visa is about two weeks of which 8 days in Russian Consulate. Please see for more information.
Non-Schengen area citizens can purchase a Visa Support Letter at Lähialuematkat and apply for the visa at Russian Consulate in their own country. We advise you to clarify all details regarding obtaining the visa before booking the tour in our Online Shop.
In case you are not able to obtain the Russian visa, we recommend you a visa-free Day in St. Petersburg Cruise (2 nights) or City Break Package by Ferry to St. Petersburg (3 nights). Departures from Helsinki on Saturdays and Wednesdays. See for more information.
Travel documents (train tickets, vouchers)
After booking you will receive immediately a confirmation of your booking to your e-mail. Train tickets, hotel voucher and other possible documents will be emailed to you approximately 2 weeks prior the journey. Remember to print all documents with you!